Sunday, August 7, 2011

#2: Excuses

My best excuses for not getting my life figured out:
  • "I don't have time." Really? I log onto Fb 10 times a day, read several books a week, go to the dog park, watch god-knows how many hours of tv, text message my friends...but I don't have time to figure out my life? Avoiding the issue will ensure that my life remains at status quo...not bad, but not great either. Make the time to figure it out, Girl!
  • "I don't have any money." For what?! I don't even know what in the hell I want to do!
  • "My job consumes my life ten months of the year." Hmm...this is a pretty good one.  Got nothin'.
  • "Change is scary!" So is wasting the rest of my life.
  • "I'm alone." I really think I need to get over this one. I've got lots of friends and family who are always there for me when I need them...I guess I just need to reach out. But it's easier being the helper rather than the helped.
So what now?

1 comment:

  1. I know you come early, and stay late, and bring the work home ten months a year. I figure you can only choose one of those. Didn't you just say the other day how if we died they'd just replace us and never think twice? Keep telling yourself that. One more thing, you are never alone. Ever.

    ReplyDelete